Monday, September 14, 2009

When girls you don't like get fat

Portrait of a young woman showing an obscene gesture

I don't judge people based on their appearance. In fact, I think that attractiveness is based on much more than your weight, hair, complexion etc. I'd argue that 90% of it is how you carry yourself and how you feel about yourself, especially if you're female.

But when I don't like someone for other reasons, namely their personality, I really have no problem making fun of them for their physical flaws. And If we were once friends and you suddenly went stone-cold bitch on me, I will talk about how your treasure trail looks in a bikini behind your back. If you're a disgruntled waitress with an attitude problem, I will laugh at the muffin top you tried to squeeze into size 2 jeans (for the record, I am not a size 2 either...and I'd never pretend to be).

When I was in high school, I was eating lunch at a cafe with my mom when she saw a girl who had been particularly bitchy the past year walk by. She asked me if she was pregnant. She wasn't.

It's not secret that girls get hit a lot harder for less than flawless appearances, by fellow females and the male population alike. It's also not to say that I'm not disgusted when it happens most of the time, and this post may just be fueling the fire, assuming my blog actually has some clout, which I seriously doubt.

But don't pretend you don't do it. I just say save your respect for the people who deserve it, stand up for those people when they take crap for how they look, and sit it out on the people who don't. You wouldn't want to tire yourself out.

And don't deny yourself a good laugh at someone else's expense once in awhile, as long as they suck as a human being, and you don't do it on a public forum. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment