Friday, September 11, 2009

Nerdy sexy guys

Portrait of a Geeky Man

This seems to be the "in" thing right now, and I definitely didn't coin the phrase or the concept.

But I can take credit for always having had a thing for nerdy guys. I think it's super sexy when a guy has dorky habits. Like my boyfriend recently made sourdough bread, and spent several hours trying to understand the chemistry behind the yeast and the flour and the fermenting and all that stuff.

The last time I was so attracted to him was a couple weeks ago when he wrestled me for an unopened t-shirt crammed into plastic packaging the size of a bar of soap because he wanted to feel it uncrumble.

I think there are two types of nerdy sexy. One is the Justin Long and Andy Samberg nerdy sexy--kind of disproportionate looking, inappropriately funny, somewhat unkempt and lanky.

Then there's the baby-faced nerdy, which my boyfriend embodies. Cute like a puppy, pretends to be timid but is actually confident. Like Harry Potter and Ron, or Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) in "Pirates of the Caribbean."

I'm glad nerdy sexy is now nationally recognized. Though I'm kinda pissed the industry stole my market, all the nerdy sexy men of the world deserve their time in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment