Thursday, August 20, 2009

Postponing "Megan Wants a Millionaire"

Megan Hauserman hosts the Megan Wants a Millionaire premiere party at Pangaea Lounge

I'll admit it. I'm a VH1 reality TV junky. I've watched all three seasons of "Rock of Love," the last two seasons of "Charm School," "I Love Money" and most of "I Love Money 2." I've seen bits and pieces of "Daisy of Love," "Real Chance of Love," "Tool Academy," and, well, you get the point.

I like them because they're mindless enough that I don't have to concentrate, but engaging enough that I can place high-stakes bets with my fellow shamed VH1 addict, who shall remain nameless (achem Jeff) on who's going to be dismissed tonight, who's going to punch who tonight, and who's going to take their top off first.

My VH1 obsession was exactly how I became acquainted with VH1 vixen Megan Hauserman. She made her reality TV debut on "Beauty and the Geek" and her first VH1 appearance on the second season of "Rock of Love." Since then she's starred in "I Love Money" and the second season of "Charm School."

Almost always bikini-clad Megan is a super bitch. She's manipulative, selfish and shallow. But she is ridiculously smart. She knows how to convince people to do things, and she gets her way almost every time. On "I Love Money," she controlled almost all of the eliminations.

A couple weeks ago, "Megan Wants a Millionaire" aired on VH1, where a group of sleazy millionaire's competed for Megan's heart. Recently, the show has been postponed and pulled from VH1's Web site due to contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins being wanted for murder. He later starred in "I Love Money 3," which has not yet been aired.

Though the murder of Jenkins's ex-wife was tragic, I'm glad "Megan Wants a Millionaire" is no longer on air. As someone who's enjoyed watching Megan's antics and celebrating the unprecedented intelligence of a VH1 reality TV contestant, I hated watching her do nothing except being doted on and fought over. I missed the play-dirty Megan.

How can I be a fan of such a despicable human being? It's reality TV, where you don't get famous for being a good person, and you definitely don't watch it for its moral fiber. So lay off.

Even though "Megan Wants a Millionaire" is officially off the air, for now at least, I still made one more bet with Jeff. He bet CNN would pick up the story. I thought no one would care that much. Guess who won?

No comments:

Post a Comment