Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Missed Connections on Craigslist



There are few things more romantic than being admired from a distance. I'm not really sure why this is, but maybe it has to do with being idealized or the empowerment of obliviously going about your own business while someone can't sleep because they can't get that glowing image of you sauntering off humming "Oh what a beautiful morning."

Well, maybe not.

But in reality, a lot of secret admirers turn into stalkers and sweet talking strangers are just trying to sleep with you. That's why it's better to get your romantic fix vicariously, and there's no better place to do that than on Craigslist, where today's Missed Connections subject lines range from "Quaker Steak and Lube Car Cruise" to "I hate time, but I love fate" to the vengeful "I told you that you were the one- I meant it. I'm done."

You can hope that wrote one for you, that you're on someone's pedestal somewhere, and that maybe that hot blonde who showed the writer where the laminate cleaners are was, in fact, you. But for your own safety, keep your Craigslist activity to selling your moldy futon.

No comments:

Post a Comment