Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Biking through stop signs

Stop sign

I wish I could say I bike to work every day because I care about the environment. I just don't want to pay for parking and I'm not smart enough to figure out the buses.

But there's this gigantic hill (on Linden, for you Madisonians) at the end of my ride, and there's a stop sign at the very bottom of it, which would force me to forego any speed I can build up beforehand. That is, if I stopped.

Biking through stop signs early in the morning on a street where there are no police anyway allows me to savor some of the feminine rebelliousness that we all give up when we graduate college and get a real job. But no matter how conformist I may become in my quest for a solid career, I am still a badass because I don't stop at all the stop signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment