Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hooking up with guys who don't brag about their conquests

Man with Lipstick Kisses on Torso

It's been a long time since I've "hooked up," since I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2.5 years. I was a sophomore in college the last time I went on a first date.

But there are certain patterns I recognize in hindsight, and patterns I continue to see with my single friends. Certain types of guys that seemed to keep reappearing. One of those is the guy who brags about how many girls he's hooked up with. Sometimes he'll do this while trying to convince you to come home with him. The worst is when he does it during.

It's no secret that girls go for guys who excrete confidence. The idea must be by telling potential hook-ups how experienced you are, that girls are going to assume he's good in bed and want to try it out for themselves, or think he must be super confident to have succeeded so many times before.

I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish when they start bragging in the middle of "things."

Either way, the result is these guys come off as insecure douchebags. If the girl agrees to see him again, she's either really desperate or really horny.

No comments:

Post a Comment